Whilst on a conference in March, I bought this pattern from Libertys. High time to put it to use. I have a small collection of silk fabric that I have been working up the courage to sew.
I made a quick muslin of version 2 and based on this I shortened the bodice 1.5" and the sleeves 2.5". I cut out a size 8 at the shoulders and neckline grading out to size 10 for armholes, bust and waist.
Cutting it out was the hardest bit. I was helped by some Instagram advice, cutting single layer with tissue paper underneath helped to minimise slippage. Changing to a fresh blade in my rotary cutter was also a great improvement. Sadly I didn't catch this on until I had most of the cutting out done.
Despite the difficulties in cutting, it actually sewed up well.
All seams were French seamed and the hem was rolled.