Thursday 18 September 2014

OWOP Challenge 2014


Hello again! I signed up for this year's OWOP hosted by Handmade Jane. 
I selected New Look 6123 as I have made quite a few dresses based on this pattern. For my work I have to be presentable looking, tidy but not necessarily office attire.


Day One 
My boys had their birthday party, so my house was full of children high on sweets and cake. Comfort was key as I tried to keep them under control. My grey leopard print ponte version was most suitable.

Day Two 
FAIL! I'm afraid none of my dresses were suitable on day two. I had to clean the house and tackle the mountain sized pile of ironing after a busy week of work, birthdays and cake making.

Day Three 
Green and black wool version mainly to show one of the receptionists at work. She also sews and had missed seeing me when I wore it the week before. 

Day Four
I wore the version with the floral skirt and the blue pleated neckline.


Day Five 
Grey wool tweed version with the little hearts

Day Six 
I made a new version! I changed to a notched neck this time. I was trying for more of a sharp angle on the notch but ended up with a gentle sort of a curve. I will perhaps do a separate post on this dress but I am probably the worse blogger ever. I have been sewing away and have quite a few finished items to share but find the process of taking photos and writing quite difficult. Must try harder


Day Seven 
Only repeat of the week 


Overall I enjoyed the week (didn't enjoy the selfies though) 
Dresses make up the bulk of my wardrobe, they suit my lifestyle extremely well. Not much styling was required as we were having an unusually warm week, so dress - shoes - DONE. When trying to get three uncooperative boys out in the morning time I need easy options.

So what's next??
I have plans for some jackets - this good weather wont last much longer :(
First up a modified Sewaholic Minoru and then either Colette's Anise or Cynthia Rowley 6188

Also planning to join in my first sewalong with the curvy collective wrap dress sewalong . I'm not plus size but I'm sure they won't mind if I join in. I love a good wrap dress
Okay until next time

No comments: